Scientific Wizard Agency

Composed by Yuki Neco

Epilogue

Late October, Lumina came out of the buildging of the physics department. She felt happy that she just joined the seminar at Dr. Matthews’ laboratory for graduated students. It’s fun to learn something new! The classes for sophomore students are boring to me. Actually, it was the first day she attended the place prepared in Dr. Matthews’ laboratory.

“Hi, Lumina, what’s up?” Lumina heard Madison call her name, as she turned to look.
“Listen, today is the first day for me at Dr. Matthews’ laboratory. It was fun!”
“Oh, you sound happy. By the way, I hear Dr. Emerson Senior visited your father last week to apologize for his son’s insanity,” Madison said. “But there was a scuffle later during his visit.”
“Yeah,” Lumina replied, “but Dr. Emerson Senior said, ‘I’m really sorry that my son was so stupid that he seriously took the mathematics formulated by a coed.’ To hear him, Dad got furious immediately, so... that night, he came home with scratches on his face.” Lumina sheepishly laughed.
“Oh, your Dad and Emerson Senior are such good friends,” Madison sarcastically said.
“Those days when I was with L&S Detective Agency was pretty exciting. Sakura and Li were terrific couple, relying on each other,” Lumina smiled looking up at the sky.
“Thanks to you, Lumina, who nearly broke in between, now the bond between them is even tighter,” Madison said smirking ironically.
“What do you mean?”
“Heh heh heh, mever mind.”

“By the way, Lumina, today I have something to ask you...” Madison put on starry eyes and turned to her clasping her hands on the back.
“Wh-what is it...?” Lumina just got a bad feeling, but asked with a sweatdrop.
“We’ll have Freedstone Festival next month, right? Do you want to take part in Miss Freedstone Festival Competition, don’t you, Lumina?”
“No, I don’t like it.”
“Why not?”
“I kind of wonder if there’s a suimsuit competitions,” Lumina groaned.

“There’s no such an old fushioned competition, silly. Miss Freedstone Festival Competition is the race of women with intelligence and heath as well as attractiveness,” another voice came across. It was Margaret O’Railly who just walked by. “It may be lucky for you, Lumina Flat-Chesty Allison.”
“Shuddup, Margaret O’Reilly!” Lumina roared up in response. Next minute, she noticed that Margaret was escorted by another boy than Ted FitzGerald who was carrying her bag.
“Well, uh... you’ve got a new escort to carry your bag, O’Reilly.”
“Not an escort, he’s my boyfriend. I just met him and he’s such a reliable man that he voluntarily carries my bag for me. That’s a pretty woman’s priviledge, so to speak. I’m afraid you can’t understand me that attracts boys’ attention all the time,” she sneered at Lumina.
“Very funny, O’Reilly, what kind of joke is it?”
“Hey, don’t tell me you think you’re prettier than me, huh? You lost me three years ago.”
“Not again...” Lumina grumbled.
“Listen. I’ll give you one more chance, just this once,” the opponent said grinning provocatively. “You and I will compete in the Miss Freedstone Frestival Competition! Take it or leave it is just up to you.”
“Okay, I’ll take it!” Lumina strongly said pointing at the opponent.
“Wow, Lumina, you said it!” Madison said with starry eyes of delight. “Just let me make you perfect outfits for the competition. I think I should think up of a good theme to enhance your attractiveness!”
At that time, Lumina and Margaret were busy with exchanging fierece looks. It looked like a touch-and-go situation; they nearly started a scuffle perhaps if either of them said something to get on the other’s nerve. Lumina’s another series of exciting days was about to start.

Fin.



Thanks to the readers...  I hope you readers enjoyed the fanfic. I composed this fic with comical cuts mixed in a serious plot; in a comical cut Lumina played the clown as well. This fic includes the taste like a mystery novel; the elements prepared in the first half of the fic are all explained in the Chapter 8. In addition, I wrote the star Lumina Allison in the physics department as a genius in physics inspired by Dr. Lisa Randall at Harvard University. I’d love it if you found the fanfic so interesting that you like to read it repeatedly. Thank you.

Close window