Preface

I have completed two series of fanfics since I started writing. Fanfictions, one form of second creative works, are results of creativity including novel concept and variations with repsect to the original comic books or animes. I am confident that you readers enjoyed my previous works with interest even though my fictions contains some irregular twists. I wanted to express my message in those fics that you readers take your own creative ideas and impressions appearing in your mind as valuable assets. Fanfictions are enjoyable by merely passive reading; however, I would like you to enjoy your own sensation induced by reading—which is one and only feelings in the world.

To those who start reading this fanfic: This fanfic “Return of the Princess” is heroined by the Hope, one of the Sakura Cards. The Hope Card was created by merging the two Cards of Void and Love. Even though the Cardcaptor Sakura ended with the Movie “The Sealed Card” in which the Hope Card was created, the auther, getting crazy about the adorable Card, placed its spirit in the Sakura Doll (dressed like Sakura in the Final Judgement) that Tomoyo gave to Sakura as the birthday gift and that is sitting on Sakura’s bed. I created fics in which the Hope Card took active moves in the doll, which can be read in this website’s Fanfictions section.

I express my gratitude to Yuki Neco, the webmaster of this website, for giving me the exhibition place and appropriate advice. Also, this fanfic goes to Sakura Sakuya, and Kahoru Gogatsu, and other CCS fans in the world who have talks about CCS in the internet.

Disclaimer

This fiction is a creative work for entertainment for fans viewing CCS websites, but not including any other purpose. Even though based on the circumstances of CCS world and characters, this work was created indenpently from CLAMP the original creator group. For this reason, some readers may feel awkwardness in the secondary created world; however, the auther declares this fic was created not to ruin the quality of CCS world with respect to the fantastic world view of the TV series and the movies.

Characters

Hope Card The Card with negative attribute, created by the historical greatest wizard Clow Reed. Now its spirit resides in a doll.
Sakura Kinomoto Mistress of the Sakura Cards which contains mysterious powers.
Tomoyo Daidouji Sakura’s best friend.
Naoko Yanagisawa A classmate of Sakura’s.
Kerberus Sakura Cards’ guradian with the solar attribute.
Yue Sakura Cards’ guardian with the lunar attribute.
Syaoran Li Sakura’s boyfriend, who was born in the lineage of one of the greatest Chinese sorcery.
Tatsuaki Yoshida A sewage engineer working for Tomoeda city office.
Eriol Hiiragizawa The reincarnation of Clow Reed, who has enormous magic powers.
Kaho Mizuki Sakura’s ex-teacher, who now lives with Eriol.
Spinel Sun Eriol’s guardian with the solar attribute.
Nakuru Akizuki Eriol’s guardian with the lunar attribute.

Return of the Princess

Compose by deko
Translated by Yuki Neco

Prologue

A backhoe was brought in Hiiragizawa residence on Tomoeda Hill under the moonlight. The place which used to be a wonderful garden was now deserted miserably. Trees had been cut leaving lefeless stumps except a few major trees. Out from underneath the stumps, rats came out and ran underneath the floor of the house.

The pillars supporting the eaves seemingly contained pieces of paper with magic spells written on them, which had been torn apart unable to read what they were. Cats crowded under the eaves, when they wrenched to open the box they found underground and looked inside. Inside was carefully wrapped in papers. When one of the male cats put its paw on it, it flashed bright! Those cats jumped away from the box in response, but they found another surprise to scream about. It was that they were surroundend by an enormous number of rats even before they knew it. No sooner had the cats turned back than the rats leapt to attack. The battle of rats against cats was awful like human war; they nibbled the enemies’ tails not being scared of the cats’ claws. Outnumbered, the cats fled to be overwhelmed by the rats.

The rats crowed around the box. Literally dozens of rats looked in simultaneously, which was not good.

“Noooo! Rats!!”

Scream came out of the box, tearing the incantaion card of seal, and letting blinding flux of light radiate. The shock wave blew the backhoe upended, and knocked down the trees in the yard.

“Rats! I hate them, I hate them!!”

Scream continued, when the rats fainted in shock under the moonlight.


Three years later, the Hope Card residing in Sakura Doll was sleeping in a tiny bed in Kaho’s room, at Hiiragizawa residence in England. “It’s not long before you’re a pretty girl getting back to Japan,” Kaho smiled at the lovely sleeping spirit.

Close window