Time Paths Linked by Love

by Sapphire Moon 91

Prologue: Death Steals a Love One

I was fifteen when I lost him; we were battling an unknown force when death swooped down upon us. There was nothing any of us could have done, or that’s what Eriol said, my head agree with him, but my heart didn’t. Tomoyo tried to explain to me after his funeral that the feeling I was feeling was survive guilt and that if he had live and I had died, he would be feeling exactly like me, at that moment. But he didn’t live he died to save me and that was all I could think about. He was gone, his life was taken away by me, Sakura Kinomoto, was Syaoran Li death sentence.

He was always saving me, even way back when we were kids, when we were rivals for the Clow Cards, if I was facing a Card he was there to scold me on, to keep me together, even when I was terrified and wanted nothing more than to fall to my knees and sob as if my heart was breaking, he was my Saviour, in more then ways then the Clow Cards, but when it came to me saving him, I became paralysed, to stiff with terror to use my magic to save myself from the terror in front of me, so Syaoran sacrificed himself to save me. When I lost him, I sort of lost my ability to see the bright side of life, I found it hard to smile and when I did I’d think how can I be happy when he’s dead, I should think about him all the time, I can’t forget him with a smile and a wave.

For the rest of my teenaged years, I worked hard a school in the day time and at night I study magic, my magic in the Sakura Cards and the magic Syaoran and Eriol use (or used). Also in my teenage years I grew up, I became a mature young woman who graduated High School at seventeen and enter University straight afterwards. And now at twenty-four working in as a Market Researcher as the large successful Company “What People Wanted:” in Hong Kong, China and it is here, in the year 2006 that my try to have normal life was once more turn upside down.

Close Window