Sorry it took so long to get this chapter! Anyway, I like to thank all of the reviewers who took the time to read my second fic. Now here’s chapter 2! Hope you enjoy this! ^_____^

I had final exams to do last week so I couldn’t have time to finish this chapter and “21 Questions”. Now, I do! :D

-EcuaGirl

Keeper of Destiny

Rating: PG

by EcuaGirl


Chapter 2

Few hours later, Sakura left her house to do some grocery shopping. Her father left for work while her brother is hanging around with his friends for some studying. Sakura walked towards the shop, getting out her to-do list out of her pocket. She went through the list quickly before arriving. As Sakura was about to open the door, she felt a strange presence around her. She didn’t know what it was but it’s definitely weird.

‘Where did that aura come from?’ Sakura wondered in her mind. She looked behind her, and to her surprise no one is around. “Weird. I better tell Kero about this when I get home,” she said to herself.

Unknown to Sakura, the mysterious guy in a black trench coat made himself hidden behind a tree. [AN: He’s the same guy from the previous chapter.] He smirked, knowing that Sakura couldn’t find him or sense him properly. If she were to, he would have been discovered already.

“Soon Card Mistress Sakura. Soon... you’ll forget,” the man muttered. “And my guardians will make sure of it,” he chuckled.

As soon as Sakura went inside the shop, the man disappeared without a trace. The only evidence of his appearance was a pair of footprints left intact. You could hear his evil chuckle in thin air.

***** Somewhere in Penguin Park *****

Two Chinese 14-year-olds walked around the park together. One of them is a black-haired girl with a two-bun hairstyle, red eyes, and wearing a Chinese-styled red dress. The other is an amber-eyed boy with messy brown hair and wearing a green shirt and jeans. [AN: Guess who they are! ^__~]

“So Li, how are you gonna tell Avalon that you like her? Hmm?” Meilin asked her cousin whom she used to love dearly. The boy next to her just shrugged.

“I dunno,” Li replied with his hands in his pockets and his head down.

“What do you mean you don’t know?!” shouted Meilin. “You guys are how old? How can you not confess that you have a crushy-wushy on her?” she asked mockingly.

“Meilin! Weren’t you jealous at that time that I’ve told you I liked Sakura?” asked Li. It was Meilin’s turn to quiet down for a second before she sighed.

“Yeah, I was,” the red-eyed girl confessed. “When you told me that you liked Sakura, I felt so mad deep down inside that I just felt like hating her. But I can’t do that. Sakura’s my friend, despite me being so mean to her. If you being with her makes you happy, then I’m happy.”

Li smiled a little after hearing Meilin’s confession. He knew that deep down his cousin still loved him, only that love is a brotherly kind, not the lovey-dovey kind he’s feeling for Sakura. After two years, Li and Meilin returned to Reedington from Hong Kong to visit Sakura and attending school there until graduation. The handsome 14-year-old had feelings of love for his ex-rival after all the Clow Cards were transformed into Sakura Cards. With his cousin on his side, Li is sure to confess his feelings before it’s too late. As the two Chinese teens walked, Li felt a strange aura behind him.

‘What is that?’ he thought. He quickly turned around and no one is around. At that time, the mysterious presence is gone. “That’s odd. I thought I sensed something.”

“Sensed what, Li?” asked Meilin. The brown-haired boy turned back to his cousin with a startled look.

“It’s nothing,” Li replied. “I thought I felt some strange aura but I guess it’s just me.”

“Could it be a Clow Card?” Meilin questioned. Li immediately shook his head.

“It can’t be, Meilin,” Li answered. “All of the Clow Cards were captured, sealed, and transformed. There shouldn’t be another one.”

So the two teens continued walking, unaware of the black trench coat guy’s presence. He chuckled seeing that Li, too, couldn’t sense him. The man took out his spiked ball key and clutched it tightly in his fist.

“So I finally sensed you, Li Showron, the descendant of Clow,” the guy sneered. “You must be the one in love with the oh-so-precious Card Mistress Sakura. You’ll do very well with my plans of destruction,” he laughed quietly to himself.

Seeing Li and Meilin gone, the guy jumped off the tree, dusting himself off after landing on the ground. He quickly walked away with his key still clutched tightly in his fist. The man muttered something about another magic card still released. He took out his mini-compass, chanted a few words, and a white beam came out. He wondered if his guardians needed anything before he took off again.

***** Sakura’s house *****

Sakura returned home a few minutes later with some groceries in her arms. She quickly ran towards the kitchen before her arms become numb. She panted from all the running she had to do before her dad gets home. Looking around the kitchen, Sakura took out all of the groceries and placed them on the table. After placing the last item on the refrigerator, she saw a piece of paper on the counter.

“Gee, I wonder who wrote it,” said Sakura after she looked at the note in front of her. “Hey! It’s from Kero!”

Dear Sakura,

I have to tell you something! While I was looking out the window waiting for your arrival, I sensed a dark aura a few hours ago. There was some guy in a black trench coat that looks a lot like Clow Reed! I don’t know what he wants but whatever it is, you must be prepared. He might be after your Sakura Cards or even worse... Anyway, be very careful.

Oh, by the way did you brought my Jell-O pudding, my KFC chicken strips, and Pepsi? Come to your room this instant!

Your lovable guardian and pal,

Kero! ^__~

“A strange aura? A guy who’s a Clow Reed look-alike? KFC?” Sakura asked these questions to herself. “Wait a sec. I haven’t been to KFC!”

Sakura quickly walked up the stairs to her room. Kero is probably inside playing his video game by now.

***** Somewhere in Reedington *****

Meanwhile, Kari is having a mini picnic with her guardian Yin. She gave him some doggy treats to eat but he’d refuse.

“Kari, you know I do not eat,” said Yin. “Besides, I’m not a regular dog! Heck, I’m not even one!” he said triumphantly with his arms crossed and his snout pointing upward. Even though Yin says he’s not a dog, he certainly looks like one.

“C’mon Yin! Just try one at least? Please??” Kari pleaded with her puppy-eyed look. “Yiiiiin! Just try one for me??” she asked with her blue eyes almost filled with tears.

‘Kari Unmei, you’re 13 years old and yet, with a maturity of a 5-year-old,’ Yin thought bitterly. ‘Soon you’ll learn about yourself more than you know, even I can’t prevent you from finding the Keeper of Destiny.’

Yin felt bad for Kari because she is destined to follow his true master’s order to destroy whoever is the keeper of destiny. He knew how ruthless his master is and will not let Kari do whatever she is forced to do. While he’s still in deep thought, Kari waved a doggy biscuit in front of him.

“Yiiiiiiin!!” Kari yelled at her guardian to get his attention. “Yin! Why are you always thinking too hard! It’ll hurt your brain ever more, y’know!” That made Yin snap out of his thinking and turn his head towards Kari.

“Kari, I already told you many times! No means no! I will not try that doggy biscuit even if you-” But before Yin could finish speaking, Kari shoved the treat inside his mouth.

“So Yin, you like it?” asked the blue-eyed girl. She got her answer when Yin spat out the biscuit in disgust.

“Eeeeewwww!!” Yin yelled. “That is so disgusting! See what I mean? That’s why I hate eating!”

Kari felt bad for her dog-like guardian since he didn’t like doggy treats and he’s basically a dog, only with black angel-like wings and a spiral-like tail. She held the puppy-like guardian closer to herself, cradling it.

“Kari, I’m not a baby,” Yin complained.

“Shh! Relax Yin,” said Kari as she nuzzled the doggy.

‘Kari may not be as powerful now, but at least she’s a better master than...’

Yin’s thoughts were interrupted by a doorbell. Kari lets go of Yin and gets off the floor. She quickly dusts herself and opens the bedroom door. She leaves the room and runs towards the living room. Yin immediately sensed his master coming in the house.

“PAPA!!!” Kari yelled in happiness as she glomped her father. “Good to see you again!”

Kari’s father chuckled as he lets go of his daughter. He takes off his black trench coat, revealing a dark blue buttoned-shirt with a red tie and black slacks. The man looks at Kari with kind gray eyes as he ruffed his daughter’s auburn hair.

“Good afternoon, Kari,” the black-haired man greeted with a gentle voice. He, then, looked in the direction towards Yin, who is flying in mid-air behind Kari. “Good afternoon, Yin-Yang” he said Yin’s full name in a menacing way. Kari, however, didn’t notice this.

‘Good afternoon, Huai,’ Yin said in his mind, a bit angry with his master showing up. Huai hardly returns to his home unless he has any news of the whereabouts of the elusive new card or the Keeper of Destiny.

“I have some interesting news, Kari and Yin,” Huai said in a kind way.

“What is it, papa?” Kari asked, eager to see what her father has to tell her and her pet.

“Actually, that’s two things,” Huai responded, petting Kari’s head like she’s a dog. “First of all, I applied you to Reedington Elementary and guess what? You’ve been registered to go and you’re going tomorrow!”

“Really, papa? Oh, thank you!” Kari shouted in happiness as she hugged her father tightly. “Guess what, Yin? I’m going to school!!” she twirled Yin around in circles.

“Kari! I’m getting dizzy!!” Yin shouted, as he’s getting swirly-eyed. Seeing the two of them happy, Huai chuckled happily. However, he frowned as he’s about to tell his daughter and guardian the second news.

“Kari, Yin, I also have another news to tell you...” said Huai. The second he said that, Kari stopped twirling Yin around.

“Papa? What is it?”

Huai took a deep breath and told his daughter the news. “I have found the Keeper of Destiny,” he replied with a smirk.

The exact minute he said that, Kari paled at the thought of the keeper of destiny being discovered already. She didn’t want her father to leave again to search for the chosen one. Yin growled angrily, sensing his and Kari’s fears come true.

“Kari, when you go to school tomorrow, that’s when you’ll help me bring the Keeper of Destiny to me...”


Confused, right? I hope so! Heheheheh. Anyway, I might bring in the third chapter next week. In the meantime, I’ll finish the next part of “21 Questions” very soon!

I just want to thank all the reviewers for taking the time to look over this fic! Until the next update... see ya later!! ^__________^

I apologize for not bringing in “CardMasters” but I’ll start working on that story soon. I promise!! I was very busy on June 14th!!

- EcuaGirl

Close Window