Disclaimer

Hello everybody! I am giving you the first chapter of “Keeper of Destiny”! In this one, the blue-eyed girl’s identity will be revealed and Sakura and Kero will make an appearance. Before I start the chapter, I need to answer one question from Idiot 1988. No, there won’t be a lemon for this story! However, there will be one on my next fic, “Night of Love and Forgiveness,” which comes out on late spring.

Anyway, on with the fic!!! ^_____^

-EcuaGirl

Keeper of Destiny

Rating: PG

by EcuaGirl


Chapter 1

“AAAAAAHHHHH!!” the blue-eyed girl screamed, waking up from her slumber. She panted and sweat came out from her face. The girl took a deep breath and realized that it was only a nightmare. She quickly wiped her tears away and got up from her bed.

A black dog with a white face, pointed ears, and a tail in the shape of a spiral pounced on the 13-year-old girl and licked her face. The girl giggled, seeing her pet in a happy mood. She scratched behind his ear and gave him a kiss before getting up to get dressed for breakfast. As she finished combing her auburn hair and styling them into her shoulder-length pigtails, the blue-eyed girl got dressed into a sailor-style light blue shirt, khaki pleated skirt, knee-high socks, and tan shoes. She was about to leave her room when her dog called. [AN: Yes, the girl’s dog talks, but he’s not an ordinary pet! If I say anymore, I’ll spoil it!]

“Kari! Wait a second!” the dog cried, making the blue-eyed girl walk back to her room and kneel in front of him. “I heard you screaming this morning with sweat on your face and tears in your eyes. Are you having another one of those prophetic nightmares again?” the dog asked worriedly. Kari nodded, knowing that she can’t hide anything from her dog-like guardian Yin.

“Oh, Yin. You know so much and yet...” Kari spoke in a sad tone as she looked away from Yin. “It’s not enough to escape the wrath of our master,” Kari whispered to her guardian.

“Do not worry, Kari. Soon it’ll be our time,” said Yin. Kari was confused about what Yin said to her. “Now tell me a little about your dream, young one.”

“Well, it had three beings in my dream. There’s a winged lion with armor and golden eyes, an angel with long, white hair and blue eyes, and a strange girl with a weird-looking costume and a staff,” explained Kari.

‘Wait a minute! Lion? Angel? A girl with a staff? Is Kari talking about Keroberos, Yue, and... their new master? If she is, our master will not like this at all!’ Yin angrily thought. As he was thinking, Kari waved a hand in front of his face.

“Heeellooooo! Yyiiiiinn!” Kari raised her voice and got Yin’s attention. The dog is surprised hearing the blue-eyed girl’s loud voice. “Pay attention! I didn’t even tell you the worst part yet!”

“Alright Kari! You don’t have to yell!” replied Yin.

“Sorry, Yin,” Kari apologized. Then she continued telling the rest of her dream to her dog-like guardian.

[AN: I’m skipping the rest of this scene since I want to get to the scene with Sakura and her gang.]

**********

An alarm clock made a ringing noise, waking up a honey-brown haired teen from her nap. The girl turned to her side facing the wall and covered herself with a blanket. She did not want to wake up early, but she must do all her chores today. Knowing that his mistress is too lazy to wake up, the talking yellow bear with little wings flied towards her and took a giant deep breath.

“SAKURA! WAKE UUUP!!” Kero shouted, getting the green-eyed girl’s attention.

“AAAHH! Kero!!” Sakura raised her voice, as she sat up. She looked annoyed at her sun guardian. “Why did you have to yell at me? You could have at least woke me up early!”

“Oh so sorry, Sakura!” Kero said in a sarcastic way. “Maybe the alarm clock wasn’t loud enough! Take a look at what time it is!” Kero cried, pointing at the alarm clock that says 8:00. Seeing this, Sakura quickly got off the bed and went to the bathroom.

After she took her bath and brushed her teeth, Sakura went back into her bedroom to put on her clothes. As she is blow-drying her hair, Kero flew next to her, looking at himself in the mirror. Sakura saw this and laughed, seeing her sun guardian doing a modeling pose in mid-air. Suddenly, both smelled something tasty coming from the kitchen. Sure enough, Sakura’s father, Aiden, is cooking breakfast today.

“Yay!! Paannnccaaaakkeeess!!!” Kero yelled happily. Sakura could tell that he’s very hungry. She giggled, seeing his reaction. “Sakura, you better save me some pancakes!”

“Oh, Kero! Is your stomach the only thing you worry about?” Sakura asked the hungry stuffed animal.

“Not really. I’m worried about you getting me some yummy pancakes!” Kero replied with a happy grin on his face.

Sakura sweat-dropped and face-faulted. Kero is always hungry in the mornings, whenever the honey-brown haired teen wakes up. She realized that she had a strange dream last night involving her two guardians and a young girl trapped in vines. Sakura couldn’t quite put a finger on it since the dream is so confusing. What did this have to do with Sakura at all? And if it does, is this a vision? The green-eyed girl was in much deep thought that she didn’t pay attention to Kero waving his paw in front of her.

‘Could this be a vision of the future? Why am I there? And who is that little girl? Oh, my gosh! Who is that weird guy covered in darkness? I gotta tell Kero about this after my chores are done!’ Sakura thought drastically. Her guts tell her that something wrong will happen later on.

“Hey, Sakura!! Mind telling me why are you spacing out?” asked Kero.

“Huh? Oh Kero! I’m sorry. I was just... thinking, that’s all,” Sakura replied.

“By the way, aren’t you gonna go downstairs to eat?”

“OMG! You’re right!” And so, Sakura quickly ran downstairs to the kitchen, just not before Kero tells her again to save the pancakes for him to eat.

**********

Meanwhile, just a few blocks outside the Avalon residence, a dark-haired stranger stood on a corner of the street. He wore a black trench coat, a pair of black slacks, and brown shoes. The collar of his jacket hides his face so no one will notice him. On his left hand holds a mystic-looking compass. [AN: It sort of looks like Li’s lasen board/compass, only smaller.] On his right hand is a key with a black orb and spikes on top. Suddenly, the man looked at his key and saw the orb glowing.

“Hmmm, my key senses a particular aura,” said the stranger in a mystic voice. “And it looks like it’s glowing pink. I wonder...”

As the guy says this, he grinned wickedly. He did sense an aura, meaning that he has found a person with a pink aura. The stranger then used his compass to pinpoint the location of the aura’s owner. He muttered a chant and his compass glowed brightly. One of the tips shoots out a white beam pointing in front of him. He followed the direction of the beam until he stopped in front of a yellow house.

“So, my search has stopped here. Wait until my minions find out about this,” the man smirked. “Yin-Yang and Xiao-Xin will be pleased to hear about me finding the current owner of the Clow Cards. I wonder if Keroberos and Yue will recognize me. After all, I do know Clow Reed!” the man laughed in a menacing way.

As soon as he found the place where the pink aura is found, he walked away. But not before giving it a last glance and smirking along the way back to his home. Unknown to the guy, Kero had sensed his presense. There’s something about that guy that seems dark and menacing.

**********

Kero is busy looking out the window after seeing the strange guy for the first time. When he saw the mysterious person, he felt Clow’s aura surging inside him.

‘That’s impossible! I sensed Clow Reed’s aura from outside, but he’s dead. How can this be? Unless... nah! It can’t be him! His brother died long after he did.’ Kero thought, shaking his head. ‘But—I did sense his dark powers. Wait a minute! Dark powers?! Oh, no!! Clow did not have a black aura! His brother did, though. Oh, boy... I wonder if Sakura sensed it like I did.’

Kero started pacing around the room. He just had to tell Sakura about the strange dark aura he sensed. Hopefully, she sensed it also. Things are just getting complicated...


I apologize for taking this chapter so long! It’s been like what, two months? Anyway, did you guys like it or hate it? Personally, I didn’t think this turn out too good. Okay, moving on! Li and Madison will probably show up in the next chapter. Meilin, Yue, Eli and his guardians will turn up later on.

Until then, see ya!! ^____^ Oh, and please R&R and no flames allowed!!!

- EcuaGirl

Close Window