Disclaimer

I do not own any of the characters of Cardcaptors (Card Captor Sakura). They belong to Nelvana and Kodansha. Card Captor Sakura belongs to Clamp. However, I do own Kari Ammei, Yin-Yang, Huai-Ren, and the Unknown Card.

-EcuaGirl

Keeper of Destiny

Rating: PG

by EcuaGirl


Prologue

~~~~~~ Dream Sequence ~~~~~~

“Hello! Anybody here?!” someone cried. The girl sees nothing but pure darkness in front of her. She looks to right, nothing’s there. Then she looks to her left, still nothing. Suddenly, the girl looks in front of her and spots a bright light, stronger than she’s ever seen. So powerful, that she shielded her bright eyes from it.

The light took shape and it’s gone in a second. The auburn-haired girl with the long pigtails opened her blue eyes and saw three figures in front of her. One of them is a winged lion with golden-yellow eyes. The second form is an angel with long, white hair and icy-blue eyes. Finally, the girl spotted the third figure between the two creatures.

“Who... are you?” the girl said gently and in curiosity.

The third form stood between the lion and the angel and walked slowly towards the trembled girl. The form turned out to be another girl holding a star staff. She had the same color hair, only shorter and up to her shoulders. Her bangs are past her face and up to her collarbone. She was wearing a strange costume, the young girl pointed out. As she was about to get closer, a bunch of floating symbols came out of nowhere and surrounded the three figures and pulled them towards the eternal darkness.

“NNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!” The pigtailed girl screamed in anger and fear as she saw the dark symbols surrounding the whole place. She suddenly heard someone laugh wickedly. The girl turned around and saw a person with black robes holding a giant staff in his hands.

“Welcome to the Land of Dark Illusions! This is where you’ll stay, where all of your wonderful and selfish thoughts are trapped here! And you’re in it! Mwahahahahaha!!!” the person laughed mercilessly as pointed at the pigtailed girl.

‘Oh, no! What’s he going to do to me! *gasp* What’s he going to do to them!’ the girl thought in fear as she saw the lion, the angel, and the other girl swarmed by the dark symbols that look like ancient hieroglyphics. The girl gasped, seeing what these things really are.

“No! They are in danger! They are trapped in my nightmares! I must do something!” the blue-eyed girl cried. “I can’t let my master do this to them!”

“There is nothing you can do, my dear servant!” the male person said out loud. “Once they are trapped by eternal darkness, they can never come out! Face it, young girl. Might as well let them be, and perish!”

The person gave out an evil laugh before he disappeared into thin air, leaving the pigtailed girl behind. She shivered, hearing her master’s cold words in her mind. As she looked up, the three figures and the hieroglyphic-like symbols were gone. The girl gasped, seeing that it was too late to save them. She slowly got on her knees to the ground and covered her faces with her hands. The poor girl sobbed quietly, feeling helpless and betrayed.

‘I feel so alone... and unprotected... and weak,’ the girl sadly thought, ‘I wasn’t able to save these beings... or stop the unknown darkness.’ As she finished her depressed thinking, a vine that came out of nowhere wrapped itself around her ankles. The girl shrieked loudly as the vine continued to wrap itself up to her knees.

“Nooo! Noooooo!!!” the pigtailed girl cried in fear, trying to release the vine that is now up to her waist. “Please! Let me gooooo!! I don’t want to stay here forever!!”

“I don’t think so!” an evil voice cried out, “Let this be a lesson to try and escape your dark destiny!”

“Screw destiny! Let me go!!” the girl yelled angrily. As she continued to struggle, another vine came up and wrapped itself around her arms. “I said let me go!!”

“Never! Mwahahahahaha!!” the voice laughed and then was never heard from again.

It was no use for the poor girl as she’s now being dragged towards a giant portal, which leads to a dark land. She tried to set herself free, but no matter how she tried the vines would never release her.

“Please...” the girl whispered, “Don’t let it get me!” She started to quietly shedding tears, feeling the end for her come near. Suddenly, a white energy beam that came from the portal hits the girl and in an instant, she fades away from the darkness that consumed her.

~~~~~~ End of Dream ~~~~~~


Hi, everybody! I’m sorry for the two-month delay. I took a long break after writing a bonus chapter from “I Love You”. Okay, no CCS characters in this prologue but I assume you know the identities of the lion, the angel, and the girl with the staff, right? Don’t worry because Sakura and her gang will show up in either the next chapter or the one after it! The mysterious blue-eyed girl’s identity will be revealed in the next chapter! So what do you guys think of my story so far? I know it’s a bit sad and depressing prologue but it’ll get better, I promise!

Anyway, R&R and no flames allowed!! Until the next chapter, see ya! ^___^

- EcuaGirl

Close Window