Preface

This fanfiction holds the characters in Cardcaptor Sakura, but their personalities and circumstances may be slightly alterred for the author’s intention for the sake of the plot.

In the author’s opinion, the most important thing of making fanfictions is fans’ change of attitude from seeing and reading to creating a new world according to their own point of view with regard for the original version. Of course, a fanfiction is an unpublished world that even the original creator, CLAMP, don’t know. The author will be glad if the readers enjoy my fanfic creating your own image in mind.

This fanfiction was created with an intention of shareing a fanatic creativity idea in a website on Cardcaptor Sakura. The author declares that the auther does not intend infringing CLAMP’s copyright and that the author present you the plot not demaging the sophisticated quality of the original version, with a cordial respect to CLAMP and those who are associated with publication and broadcast of Cardcaptor Sakura.

The author present this work to Yuki Neco, the webmaster of a wonderful website and an awesome translator, and to the enthusiastic fans of Cardcaptor Sakura.

-deko

Characters

Sakura Kinomoto The star of this fanfiction. She is a sophomore of junior high who can use magic, and the master of Sakura Cards.
Syaoran LiSakura’s boyfriend, who was brought up in one of the most powerful lineage in China. Now he’s natualized as a Japanese citizen.
Fujitaka KinomotoSakura’s father, who is an archeology professor.
Touya KinomotoSakura’s kind big brother, who cares much about Sakura.
Masaki AmamiyaSakura’s great grandfather, who is CEO of Amamiya Corporation.
Tomoyo DaidoujiSakura’s real best friend.
Sonomi DaidoujiTomoyo’s mother.
Rumi NakagawaShe can communicate with animals.
Satoshi NakagawaRumi’s father, who is a physicist. He is the one who planned the project.
Yoshiko NakagawaRumi’s mother.
Misako YoshikawaDr. Nakagawa’s secretary.
Masatsugu NozakiElderly astrologist, who discovered the anomorous comet Crommelt.
KerberosThe guardian beast of Sakura Cards, the Elector.
Yue The guardian of Sakura Cards, the Judge.

Gate to the Stellar Field

Composed by deko
Translated by Yuki Neco

Prologue

A gray body was revolving slowly in the universe surrounding by number of stars twinkling. Illuminated by the intense solar light, the revolving body emited frozen dust and gas. The gas encloses the gray body, and gradually taken away by the powerful solar wind. That was the moment when a new comet was born.


Middle of the 20th century, darkness ruled the sky as if it had completely sucked every light in the city below. All of a sudden, a search light was turned on, sending a bright beam of light, which illuminated the bombers coming in the sky. The P.A. system shouted, ``Red alert! Red alert!’’ As if responding to the sirens, the bombers commenced an air raid, subsequently numerous blazing pillars arose all over the city where people screamed in panic.

The dreadful blaze in the city was reflected on the observatory dome on top of the mountain. Seeimgly there was an operator in the observatory since the slit of the dome was panning. A guard pedaled a bike to the dome hurriedly, while Dr. Nozaki, an astrologist in a white coat was operating the telecope to view the stellar sky. Looking into the eyepiece, he laughed excitedly, ``Yeah, I found! I’m the first commet discoverer in Japan, that’s for sure!’’

The observatory was lit up suddenly, as the guard on a bike glared at the scientist angrily, who shouted, ``Are you crazy?! Can’t you see the enemies are making an air-raid? Looking at stars at this time, you are killing yourself.’’

``Shut up! This is a great discovery!’’ Nozaki yelled back, ``Oh, gosh! The instruments! The power plant must’ve been destroyed!’’

Meanwhile, the bombardment was nearing as if the enermies could hear them fighting. Nevertheless, Nozaki gave a direction, ``We’ve still got time! You pan the slit from out of the dome. I gotta capture the comet in my vision!’’

``What are you talking about! We gotta get out of here!’’

At this moment, a big explosion ehoed the place, as the guard screamed in shock, ``Hoeee!’’


In the 21st century, old Masaki Amamiya was looking at the picture in the president room of Amamiya Corporation by the window letting the setting sunlight in. On the corner of his desk was a letter filled in with small handscript.

``Return after 56 years. Masatsugu, I admit your persistence,’’ Masaki smiled looking at the picture of comet showing a beautiful tail.


Postscript

The author dedicates the prologue to the late Mr. Masamitsu Yamazaki, an astonomer, Kochi Prefecture. He discovered the Crommelin comet during the days he worked for Mizusawa Latitude Observatory, but he couldn’t acquire enough amount of observation to calculate its orbit because of the not-so sophisticated instrument he had. Later, his successor found the return of the commet after 28 years, which, the author heard, allowed Mr. Yamazaki to get the sight of the commet again.

Close window