DESTINY

CHAPTER 2

by SAKURA AKA MICHELLE

Hikaru had already left the room to speak to Yelan, leaving Sakura in the room. She blinked several times to ease the discomfort in her eyes and longed to tear the lenses from her eyes. Her eyes began to water from the irritation and Sakura rubbed her eyes.

The door creaked open and Meiling stepped in, “I am sorry for injuring you.”

“Don’t take it to heart; it was just a minor scratch. It will heal in a few days time,” Sakura soothed.

“Can I do anything to help you?”

Sakura shook her head frantically and smiled, “You have shown me great kindness by bringing me a physician to treat my wounds. I would not dare to ask for more.”

Meiling looked as if she was about to cry and Sakura panicked, “But I... But I...”

“Perhaps you can bring me a clean dress?” Sakura suggested, hoping to make Meiling feel better.

She brightened up instantly, “Would you mind if I give you some of mine?”

“Of course not!” Sakura answered. “As long as I have something to keep me warm.”

Yelan entered before Meiling could reply and stared at Sakura in such a way that made Sakura shiver, “I have decided to bring you with me. The physician had offered to come with us to look after you until you have fully recovered.”

“Why?” Sakura croaked out.

Yelan smiled and patted Sakura’s head, “I have heard that you are an orphan and I longed to have another daughter.

“But you already have four!” Syaoran protested.

“Oh... I almost forgot about having four daughters. Alright then, just let me take care of you, little girl. Be a guest in our castle.”

Sakura saw Hikaru nodding his head in agreement. She could not deny that this was a good choice, “I agree with you. Thank you so much, Queen Li,” Sakura said and curtsied gracefully to her.

Meiling gasped and exclaimed, “You are very good at that! Where did you learn that from?”

“Hoe?”

“She was talking about the curtsy, dear girl,” Yelan explained.

Hikaru’s frown told her that it would not be good to answer them honestly. “Someone taught me,” Sakura lied, trying her best not to blink or show any signs of lying.

Meiling clapped Sakura’s hands in hers so suddenly that made Sakura jump up in surprise, “Could you teach me how to curtsy properly without falling flat on the face when you are better?”

“Of course!” Sakura noticed that Syaoran was left out in the conversations and attempted to change topic, “Prince Li, may I know how Hong Kong looked like?”

Sakura looked surprised by her question and actually stammered through his reply, “Well, actually it is pretty similar here, in Japan I mean and yeah... Similar to Japan.”

Meiling giggled at the embarrassed expression on Syaoran’s face and commented, “I can see Syaoran is blushing now!

“Meiling...” Syaoran warned.

“Queen Li, may I know how are we going to Japan?” Sakura asked.

“By our personal airplane; it is faster this way.”

Sakura’s expression turned into awe when she heard that and she muttered softly, “My castle do not have one...”

“Pardon me?” Yelan said.

“I was saying that your castle is equipped with the latest machines! It is really awesome!”

“Can we set off now? I really missed my homeland,” Meiling urged, bringing out a peal of laughter from Yelan.

“You are so loyal!” Queen Li commented and Meiling blushed from the compliment.


Hikaru and Sakura settled themselves uneasily to Li’s plane and were not accustomed to the feeling; this was, afterall, the first time they were taking an aeroplane. Syaoran tried to assure Sakura that it was safe in there and hat was when Sakura had, reluctantly, entered the plane with Hikaru’s help.

“Is this really safe,” Sakura asked for the fifth time.

Syaoran sighed and rolled his eyes heavenward, “Yes, this is perfectly safe.”

“But-”

“I promise you nothing will happen. Do you like parties, Sakura?” Syaoran asked, changing the subject.

Sakura looked down sadly, “I do not know about that; I have never been to one before.”

“Then you will like it! I assure you. Parties are fantastic,” Meiling chirped in, refusing to be ignored.

Syaoran suddenly smiled and then turned to address Sakura, who was having a pleasant chat with Meiling, “Do you realize that we are actually in the air now?”

“HOOOOOOOEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!” Sakura exclaimed and clung to the seat for dear life, squeezing her eyes tightly shut.

“Syaoran! You shouldn’t have reminded her!” Meiling chided, looking at the terrified Sakura.

Syaoran raised a brow at her and commented, “At least she is better, look at the physician. He has already fainted.”

END OF CHAPTER 2


Postscript

I do not know if there is any airplane in the 1800s; my History is real bad. Just pretend there were, only for the rich. How about cars? I know about carriages and such. How is the ending of this chapter? I love it but I think it is not funny enough when our Sakura is frightened to her death by the airplane... What do you think?

Close Window