DESTINY

CHAPTER 1

by SAKURA AKA MICHELLE

Sakura felt uneasy under the scrutiny of Li Yelan, Syaoran’s mother. She clung to Meiling for support as she was still feeling dizzy. Syaoran did the introductions for them though, much to the disapproval of Yelan.

“How can you mingle with the lowly peasant?” Yelan scolded.

Lowly peasant? Sakura thought and looked at herself. Indeed, she looked like the lowly peasant Yelan was mentioning. Her nightgown was torn from her earlier run and stained with mud. Her hair was tangled and in a mess. Sakura looked down and avoided eye contact with Yelan.

“But mother...” Syaoran protested but was cut off.

“You are a prince for God’s sake, son. You know perfectly that you are not supposed to interact with people from the lower class.”

Syaoran’s hands were fisted. Clearly, he was angry by the reply he got from his mother. He was about to launch another protest but Sakura stopped him, “It wasn’t worth it. Just pretend you did not meet me today. Goodbye, Prince Li.”

Sakura left Meiling’s support and walked away from them unsteadily. The floor seemed to spin beneath her and her vision was getting more blur with each step she took.

“Aunt Yelan, I have injured her,” Meiling confessed. “Shouldn’t we at least treat her before leaving. It is our responsibility.”

Yelan looked at Meiling, her chest swelled with pride for her niece. “At least someone know what responsibility is,” she stated with a smile. “Go get her back and call for a physician.”

Syaoran did not hesitate to run after Sakura and pulled her back, despite her protests and struggles. “You don’t have to go through so much trouble for me, Prince Li. It is just a scratch and I can take care of myself.”

“We injured you,” Syaoran interjected. “So we have the responsibility to take care of you until you are fit enough on your own.”

“But...”

“As I have told you, it is our responsibility or we will feel guilty about it.”

“Since you have already put it in that way...” Sakura sighed and gave up.

She was set onto the bed in a room while they waited for the arrival of the physician. Her face went pale upon seeing him---the physician. He used to work for the Kinomoto castle and as soon as he saw Sakura, he dropped to his knees and bowed his head in respect. Yelan, Syaoran and Meiling could only gape at the scene before them.

“It is a pleasure to meet you again, Princess.”

Sakura faked a laugh and tried to act confused, “You must have mistaken, sir. I am not the princess. Didn’t you know that the Princess have emerald eyes? Mine is black.”

The physician, known as Hikaru, did look up and saw Sakura shaking her head desperately. He understood immediately and quickly rose up, “Why yes... I remember now. I apologize for have mistaken you for the princess, little girl.”

Sakura smiled sweetly and nodded her head. “Can you hurry and tend to her wound? We have to hurry back.”

“Yes, Milady. Could you please wait outside while I tend to her? I am not used to having people staring at my back during my consultation.”

“Of course,” Yelan agreed and practically pulled Meiling, together with Syaoran out of the room.

Hikaru shut the door before he spoke to Sakura, “Princess, what are you going to do next? I heard about the fire...”

Sakura sobered and said, “I knew no other relatives of mine besides the Daijoujis but the problem is I do not know where they are staying.”

Hikaru smiled and his eyes twinkled, “I know and I can even bring you there by your command, Princess.”

“How nice of you Hikaru-sensei but I rather you inform me of their whereabouts.”

“They, the Daijoujis I mean, are in Hong Kong,” Hikaru replied with a shake of his head. “In order to reach Hong Kong, one must go by sea.”

Sakura gasped, “It is too far. Is there other choices than going to the Daijoujis?”

“Yes...” Hikaru answered hesitatedly. “I am afraid Your Highness will have to follow the Lis until the castle is rebuilt and the rebels are got rid of. That is the safest.”

Sakura remained silent while contemplating her thoughts, “I have no other choices...”

Hikaru knelt down on the floor once again in front of Sakura and put his hands in front of his chest, “I prayed for you safety, Princess...”

“Erm... Hikaru-sensei?”

“Yes Your Highness?”

Sakura pointed to her wounded forehead and smiled sheepishly that made Hikaru’s heart ache. “I think it is best to clean it up before they barged in.”

“Sure, Your Highness.”

“You can just call me Sakura, Hikaru-sensei. I have you this permission a long time ago.”

“It would not be appropriate, Your Highness,” Hikaru explained.

Sakura sighed and winced as Hikaru applied some oil on her wound. She began thinking about the future and when will the new of the fire be brought to her parents, who were touring about the world. It would take years to rebuild the castle and get rid of the rebels. She sighed and thought It is still a long long way to go... I guess this is my destiny...


Postscript

How is this chapter? Pretty short eh? Will Yelan agree to bring Sakura back to their country? Stay tuned to the next chapter for the answers. Any suggestions please mail me.

Close Window