Preface

This fanfic holds characters based on the original manga and the anime version of Cardcaptor Sakura. However, it does not infringe the copyright of CLAMP’s property. The storyline of the fanfic was created for fan sites which are to be viewed by CCS fans, and the author do not intend publishing outside those fan sites. The author has not experieced efforts of creating original characters, however, the author knows how worthwhile such creativity is. The author believes that those of you are interested in those fanworks respecting others’ creative activities; therefore, even if the readers enjoying this fanfic may find some inconsistencies or misunderstanding, the author hopes you readers to understand this work has nothing to do with CLAMP, the copyright holder of Cardcaptor Sakura.

Acknowledgement

This fanfic goes to Yuki Neco of a cool website, to the late Mr. Harutoshi Ogata who was a producer of the anime version, and to all the Sakura fans in the world.

- deko

Bios

Sakura KinomotoHeroine of the story. She’s an eighth grader who can use magic.
Syaoran LiSakura’s boyfriend, who uses Chinese magic.
Tomoyo DaidoujiBest friend of Sakura’s.
Fujikata KinomotoSakura’s father, an archeology professor.
Touya KinomotoSakura’s big brother, a college student.
Yukito TsukishiroFriend of Touya’s. He is the temporary self of Yue.
Youko NakagawaFriend of Touya’s.
Clow ReedGreatest sorcerer who created the magic which was handed down to Sakura.
KerberosGuardian Beast of Sakura Cards.
YueJudge of Sakura Cards.
Eriol HiiragizawaReincarnation of Clow Reed, a boy with grown-up spirit.
Spinel SunEriol’s gurdian.
Ruby MoonEriol’s gurdian.
Kaho MizukiEriol’s partner.
Sakura CardsMagical Cards transformed by Sakura from the ones created by Clow Reed. The deck consists of 53 cards. Among them, there was the Heart Card temporarily, which was created by Sakura when she realizes her affection to Syaoran. Further, at the moment she sealed the Void Card of negative attribute, the Heart and the Void merged together to become the Hope Card to deal with life powers. Now the card is one of Sakura and Li’s guards, but it looks like a girl of pep.
IyoShrine maiden of province of Yakoku in ancient Yayoi period.
DaiMember of Iyo’s guards. He has been friends with Iyo since childhood.
RekoIyo’s aunt. She is the queen, in sacred order as “God’s wife.”
KunaKing of province of Kukoku who intends destroying Yakoku.
Geso LiMember of Li Clan at the beginning of 20th century.

Ancient Girl

Composed by deko
Translated by Yuki Neco

Prologue

Glittering Bright City Hong Kong

In a gorgeous residencial area, there was a proper mansion enclosed by darkness. There was an octagonal platform, on which four young women on their knees are casting a spell at each four corner, surrounding a middle-aged woman and a boy facing each other who are also casting the same spell. Suddenly, a bright beam of light flew up from the center of the sacred platform. The beam disappeared beyond the sky. Beside them was an old man named Wei Wang, who was watching the boy with a concerned look. At the next minute, the beam returned from beyond the sky, and struck the center of the platform. The four women at the corners practically collapsed from the impact, the middle-aged woman at the center tottered down on her knees, and the boy barely kept himself standing on his feet.

“Impressive, Syaoran, ” the middle-aged woman named Yelang said to his son. Despite the praise, he looked a little unsatisfied as he said , “Too bad, Mother. I couldn’t find Geso.”

“Good. Then we need the most powerful sorcerer to help us,” the mother replied.

He walked off his mother to the opposite side of the garden, when he visualized a girl named Sakura.

“Yeah, little Syaoran. You finally get to see your Sakura,” the four young women patted his little brother on the head who turned as red as a beat. He could only heave a sigh letting his hyper sisters keep on teasing him.

Yelang turned to the butler as she said, “Wei Wang, are you ready to send him off?”

“Yes, Madam,” replied Wei in a polite manner.

“From now on, you yourself is the Li Clan,” she gave her son a declaration. Syaoran got down on his knees as if he was a knight showing his loyality to his master.

“From now on,” Yelan continued, “you don’t have a house to sleep in. If I say, the place you want to stay will be your house.”

Syaoran barely stood still nearly overwhelmed by the pressure imposed onto him. There came the time he had to go out into the world all by himself.

“Listen, Syaoran. She needs a gentle type,”
“Oh, sis, I’ll bet it’ll take hundreds of years for him cuz he’s so shy,”
“There’s no problem, all about Sakura,”
“They’re in love with each other,”

Ignoring the sisters making fuss in high spirits, Yelan walked up to and caressed his son, whispering “When you marry her and have your baby, then you can come show it to us.” The mother walked into the house as if wiping off her regret of sending her son away, and the sister followed her. Syaoran could see them from behind, and the only one remaining beside him was Wei, who said, “I’ll be with you, Master Syaoran.”

Ancient Japan

In a dark sky, thunder was heard occasionally.

“There she is!”
“Get her!” Armored soldiers were running with torches in their hands. The attackers formed a circle to surround a young man and a young woman.

“We’ve been looking all over for you, Lady Iyo.” the captain of the soldiers shouted to the young woman in the run.

“No! I won’t be back to my aunt,” the girl cried a refusal, “Tell the Queen I said no.”

“You have no choice. Get her!” The captain shouted a command.

A mascular soldier stepped to and grabed Iyo by the wrist, and she struggled to take off. “Dai!” she cried for help to the boy beside her, who is busy in a sword battle against a number of soldiers.

At the very next moment, he got slashed and collapsed down on the ground.

“Dai!” she flipped the catcher’s hand off, and run toward the boy who was barely breathing. He couldn’t see anything any more as he bleed over his head. The captain stood between the two, and slapped her on the face; Iyo collapsed down. At this moment, heavy rain started.

“Why did you make us so cruel, Lady Iyo?!” said the captain.

Iyo couldn’t hear that question because of the deep anger and sorrow. At that time, for some reason or not, she visualized a girl in a happy smile, which strengthened her blaze of fury from almost losing her love. The girl in the vision is under comfortable sunlight, having no worry in her face. Iyo gasped back to the reality that it was heavily raining, and she was standing beside Dai who was dead.

“I won’t forgive you...” Iyo lost control of her mind with fury. There was a skinny guy who was watching them from a distance, standing on a branch of a tree with a magic circle glittering behind his back. He muttered, “Excellent. That’s more like it Princess Iyo.”

Close Window